All March long we are celebrating the art of living at Saffron Souk, & after a hunt around the marketplace for a little interior inspiration we had our socks blown off! Those Gulf based makers & merchants we all love have the most amazing selection of artisan cushions that will have our homes standing out from the crowd in more ways then one…
And we know our homeware taste is not everyone’s cup of tea, so we did some virtual interior design pairing (oh yes, we have fun while we work!) and took to pinterest for interior concepts that work a treat when paired with a handcrafted, locally designed cushion or two.
So whether you like to surround yourself with a classic palette or get a little playful with your space, the Saffron Souk online market has a strong cushion culture to suit your taste.
Majlis’ are all about cushions and we are a little bit cushion crazy at saffronsouk.com, so we thought this was the best place to start our inspiration, with some unique finds with a local twist.
2. How can you not fall in love with this contemporary majlis, found on pinterest here from uncovet blog? Our top marketplace finds that would work a dream with this interior style, include gorgeous hand painted Cushions from Narmeen Nasers Art (3. 5. 7. & 9.) as well as the most irresistible soft furnishings from made in Dubai online store Pictoresca Design (4. 6. 8. & 10.). And although not strictly classified as a cushion, we just couldn’t bring ourselves to not include the leather poufs, freshly in-store at ChoiSi (the colour selection is rather special so worth the peek).
Don’t like things toooo wild, but still consider your cosy interior style to have some ‘edge’? We adore these pinterest bedroom and living room finds. The cushions themselves are mildly patterned and understated but thrown together they create a brave stylish statement. We love!
The bold cushions in this bedroom (12.) and living room (13.) we spotted on pinterest, suit a classic home but classic certainly doesn’t mean boring! To get a similar style at home why not invest in these quality cushions in some seriously gorgeous colours from online store Serendipity Home (14. – 22.)
We love collecting quirky finds on our travels, which was one of the reasons we built Saffron Souk – we wanted to get our hands on those great finds (typically with an equally talented and amusing artisan behind them) all the time…
23. With its intense colours and textures, we think this living space we spied on pinterest (from aninidiansummer-design blog) looks very livable! And the Saffron Souk online boutiques are making it far too easy for us to replicate the style at home; with luxurious finds from Shenouk (24. – 26.), LastFewPieces (27.), Serendipity Home (28.) and Dekor8home (29.)
Now this is something we tend to get a bit too excited about in our Saffron Souk – a riot of colour and texture, accented with contrasting cushions and bright decor.
30. This little nook we pinched from pinterest here (from Domaine Home) for inspiration is making us giddy with excitement – we want to get started on the DIY now… and apart from a lick of paint, all we need to add to the equation is this collection of bright cushions from Dubai based store Dekor8home (31. – 36.). Too easy!
Kids rooms are all about having a bit of fun right? Not that anyone needs to abide by a set of design rooms, but this at least lets you have a bit of an excuse to cross to the playful side! And cushions are an easy way of taking you there…
37. We like the idea of choosing a limited colour palette, like this child’s bedroom we found on pinterest (from trendenser.se), and then mixing it all up together… anything goes, so take your pick from these fab cushions that are bound to brighten any kids room, from Marmarland (38. – 42. 44. 46. 48. 49.), The Nest (43.), Les Bobos Chics (45.) and Les Cherubins (47.)
And obviously we didn’t want the kids to be the only ones getting to have some fun – we all love a little corner (and in our case home) filled with things that just make us smile. And a playful cushion or two injects some quirkiness without feeling like we are having a style crisis!
50. This snap we found on pinterest (at apartmenttherapy.com) grabbed our attention right away – this collection of cushions is brave but it just works so well! If you are looking to put a bit of character into your home, these cushions found at Saffron Souk stores are bound to be a number 1 talking point, without you feeling like you have crossed some kind of interior design line (to the dark side if you know what we mean!). So make sure you check out NittyWitty (51. – 53. & 55. – 59.) and Pictoresca Design (54.) to get this quirky feel working in your home.
You know we like a spot of outdoor design at saffronsouk.com and we love how adding a scattering of bold cushions and other soft furnishings to an exterior setting can immediately perk it up! Too simple really…
60. We couldn’t look past this pinterest find (found on desiretoinspire.net) – an urban balcony turned into a stylish outdoor room with the simple addition of bold colour. These outsoor cushions from The Corner Shop (61. – 63.) can be used to reproduce a simple feel, without any effort. The Corner Shop also have a fab selection of outdoor sun umbrellas that are bound to make you the envy of your neighbours – check them out here!