The Saffron Souk ladies had a blast taking in the super cool atmosphere and neon hot talent at Fashion Forward Dubai, Season 2 (FFWD). And although we were blinded by the top notch spot of people watching on offer, we did (for a moment) see past the glamorous haze of shoes to a Garden full of some seriously impressive local designers.
As a direct result of Season 1’s high demand for ‘pop-up’ shop space, The Garden exhibition space was born. And it did not disappoint. The fit out itself was a bit of a Saffron Souk highlight. It’s simplicity was very non-Dubai, yet it still screamed ‘Look at me’ which we loved! The best bit about it was that it offered a fashion forward approach to showcasing a wide range of fashion accessories and homewear brands. Tying the whole space together without overwhelming it…. high five from the Saffron Souk team to Fashion Forward.
2. The people watching… naughty but oh so much fun!
3. – 8. The exhibition space and the food – we are a visual bunch at saffronsouk.com and we have too say we were just a little bit too excited about the pink accents (and the macaroons of course!).
9. The two lovely ladies that invited us to the event; Rohini from Ragmatazz Bags and Melissah from Lady Mauve. These local superstars are a creative force to be reckoned with. Gorgeous ladies with gorgeous things… 10. One of Lady Mauve’s necklaces 11. Rohini wearing her Ragmatazz shoes 12. And there they are again!
13. A geometric Ragmatazz Bag – breaking out of their usual style but equally as divine 14. & 15. Lady Mauve’s bling!
16. Like a magpie to the sparkle we couldn’t get enough of the designs at Two Scoops. 17. This little item caught our eye 18. How can you not love the boldness of these accessories ‘by Lisa’ 19. If you haven’t heard of the latest mst have brand ‘All things Mochi‘ then you really need to consider perhaps getting with program 🙂 20. A playful clutch from FMM by Fatma Al Mulla 21. One of these iphone covers decided it wanted to live in our Saffron Souk… 22. – 23. Sarah’s Bags – these manakish bags (24.) were good enough to eat!
25. – 27. Dolls from Dumye. Absolutely divine!
28. – 31. Neon brights from Neon Gifts – the kind of stationary that would brighten our Sunday mornings!
32. – 35. Arcadian Apparel – promoting wearable art by putting UAE art onto t-shirts. Yes please! (by the way loving the name ‘EmaraTEE’)
36. – 39. All of Aina’s unique pieces has a story. This debut collection is called ‘Mansha’ and is inspired by cultural icons of the East that are part of the UAE’s roots and heritage. You know we love a story at Saffron Souk (As well as lovely things), so we’re very much looking forward to seeing more from this local lifestyle and accessories brand!
40. – 41. Smiley happy people in fab outfits. We would expect nothing less from Fashion Forward Dubai. Thanks for having us – you sure know how to throw a party!