The Birthday celebrations are finished and we have officially entered our 2nd year… WOO HOOOO! We are exhausted and at age 1 (and a few days) are concerned that we are perhaps officially too old for a party that lasts 7 days!
But before we get carried away with things, it’s time to announce the winner of the Day 7 giveaway. Our final prize goes to Dr. Deanna Khalil (a.k.a Abaya Addict), who reposted the day 7 instagram banner with the correct hash tag. Congratulations Deanna! Please email us at [email protected] with your postal details and we’ll pop the gorgeous Dubai Skyline Cut-out from B & D Art in the post in the next day or two.
While our twinkle toes are resting, we have compiled a huge list of people we would like to thank. And although these are just a small portion of ‘thank you’s’ on the ever increasing list at Saffron Souk, we do consider them the most important…
Thats right, we LOVE the fabulous independently managed boutiques on saffronsouk.com and the people behind them!
This bunch of GCC based boutique owners and artisans work tirelessly to bring us some unique, more than often one-off or hard to find treats. They not only make shopping interesting but a pleasure, by letting us busy people buy safely online and then they conveniently ship their gorgeous items direct to our door (or PO box if its easier). Thanks Saffron Souk shopkeepers, you are stars!
Take a look now at their boutiques by clicking the blue link below – each vendor has been hand selected, so you can be guaranteed of their quality and reliability… too easy! And my goodness, is the Gulf jam-packed with talented designers-makers; there are some amazing webshops setting up behind the scenes so be sure to check back whenever you get the chance. No one wants you to miss out… the good stuff sells fast!
1. Sticky Dots – playful accessories, many with a local flavour.
2. MC Studio N Design – classic pieces using swarovski elements.
3. Saffron Souk – just a few bits we put together (when we have time!).
4. CaN by Celine & Nora – want to have a personalised keepsake of your kids? this is your go to shop!
5. The Copper Cove – Copper & brass tableware & jewellery.
6. Reiki Touch Dubai – Reiki energised accessories.
7. 2 Birds – fab beachwear and accessories, plus stylish homewear.
8. Savage Ware – fun kids clothing.
9. House of Jekoya – Eastern inspired unique jewellery collection.
1. Julie Delights – live in Abu Dhabi? This cake & cake pop shop is for you…
2. Melime Babybeeshop – we love this classic (with a twist!) kids clothing range.
3. The Wishing Tree – the best fabric totes, bags & bunting.
4. Keenbags – a fun range for totes, pouches & storage bags.
5. Ayam Africa – Jewellery sourced & made in Africa (currently restocking shelves!).
6. Lily B The Green Cake Company – divine cakes that are healthy!
7. Sougha – The most amazing pieces handcrafted by UAE artisans.
8. My Petit Lapin – cute hair accessories for little girls.
9. Okelani’s World – a Dubai written & illustrated children’s book.
1. Babouka – a fun fairtrade children’s brand that collaborates with NGO’s in Africa & Pakistan.
2. Aq uae Jewels – delicate gold & diamond jewellery that you won’t be able to resist!
3. Tulip Baby – handy baby accessories with a huge selection of fabric to choose from.
4. Cocobliss – cold process soaps made with coconut oil
5. Humorki – quirky soft toys
6. Woody – bright red letter accessories
7. RAW bags – stylish bags for for all occasions for one wanting something different
8. Art by Susan Brooker – a fab selection of original art work
9. Lou Harvey UAE – didn’t think you could find a practical and good looking bag – here they are!
1. Hayet Zerelli Design – jewellery & homewears with a touch of Tunisia
2. Fuschia Handmade – a quirky jewellery range
3. The Linen Souk – gorgeous linen homewear & tablewear accessories
4. The rustic bead – classic homewear & tablewear with a rustic twist
5. Mum & me – Mother & child items and accessories
6. Pure Candles – 100% soy wax candles.
7. Shirley Conlon Organics – a Dubai born organic cosmetic line
8. Smallprint – handcrafted jewellery that captures your child’s imprint in polished silver.
9. LiLi Handcrafted Accessories – silver, copper & bronze jewellery designed & made in Dubai.
1. Melanie Gissing Design – classic, elegant & wearable ladies signature clothing and accessories
2. Horsehair Jewellery – items can be commissioned using hair from your own horse!
3. Daniel & Tasco – a gorgeous story written in Dubai that all South African children living in the UAE should own.
4. Serendipity Home – a great range of cushions & homewear
5. The Handwritten Label – Unique one off fashion items that can be adapted & changed to suit the user
6. Beshtar – A stunning clothing, accessory & homewear label that helps the people of Afghanistan help themselves.
7. Paper Couture – a one stop shop for customised invites, printables & bespoke stationary.
8. BAB – Brigitte’s Art Boutique – original paintings, oil and acrylic on canvas.
9. PAN soaps – handcrafted soaps and skincare
1. The Orange Art Company – limited edition work of the famous Nepalese artist, Chirag Bangdel imprinted in cushions.
2. Heart for Handmade – customised sewn cards.
3. Pebble – contemporary handmade children’s products produced by community businesses in Bangladesh.
4. Elbekids – fun colourful items handmade in Qatar.
5. Three Bees – Handmade cotton & linen clothing for little boys.
6. Ts’ansami – beautiful sterling silver & mother of pearl jewellery.
7. The Nest – delightful kids toys & room decor
8. Your Little Collection – a range for handy pouches & small storage solutions
9. Jules & Juliette – a collection of chic children’s sleep wear
1. IZIL Natural Argan Beauty – a made in Morocco brand using organically certified highest quality Argan oil.
2. I Design – a personalised gift collection made in Dubai
3. Lin & Cie – a French brand carrying children’s accessories & birth gifts
4. The Spice Box – beautiful hand carved wooden boxes made in Zanzibar filled with favourite spices.
5. ScrappyDoo Fripperies – handmade paper crafts, including scrapbook photo albums, memory keepers, decoupaged birdhouses & more
6. Roots’n’Petals – a great gift shop with a selection of Dubai made soaps, skincare and candles as well as Tunisian trinkets.
7. Maddy & Eva – a classic range of children’s clothing & accessories
8. Vintedge Decor – a collection of French inspired homewears & table accessories
9. Simply Be! – Looking for a style make over or a unique party idea? Take a look at this…
1. Rashid Souq – gifts with a meaning. All of the items in this shop are created by special needs kids in Dubai.
2. Camel Milk Soap – a soap with a unique twist. The perfect gift for those wanting a taste of the UAE, with the added health benefits as a extra.
3. Glowskies – Flying Lanterns & tea lights – perfect for a special occasion.
4. Toffee Princess – delicious scottish tablet fudge in an amazing range of flavours (currently stocking shelves!).
5. Niketa Designs – fun modern hand crafted jewellery.
6. NightingOils – a range of oils combining aromatherapy and skincare.
7. Nool Crafts – unique, handmade crocheted creations.
8. Nera Fashions – handmade ethnic products & fashion accessories with rich colours & delicate patterns.
9. me&riley – stylish invitations that are customised to suit your event & then printed & couriered to your door.
1. Sixpence Wedding Design – handcrafted, high quality finishing touches for your special day!
2. Lush Lockets – floating lockets & charms.
3. Cornelia Wearable Art – wearable art & fire painting using the surrealist technique of fumage.
4. Maddie Moos – Personalised Baby Plaques, containing information about your child birth.
5. Photography by Eve Saunders – collections of special framed photo collages. Ideal gifts.
6. BeeCuckoo – a fun collection of items brought to you by two stylish mums.
7. Drink Zataar – Thyme tea bags. A perfect health drink.
8. B & D Art – a fabulous collection of mounted cut outs. The ideal gift for every occasion.
9. Yasir Saeed Photography – a Dubai based professional photographer specialising in portrait & head shots.
And an extra big THANK YOU to the Saffron Souk creative community! We wouldn’t have made it to our first birthday with out you.
Anna & Annabelle!